- Recognize World Hijab Day on February 1st and participate by setting up your own local event. You know your community best and we leave it to you to set up an event (i.e. a lecture, informational tables, a speech, discussion panel, hijab table, etc.) that will impact them positively.
- Get in touch with media. The power of media cannot be underestimated. Last year BBC, Huffing post, Al-Jazeera among others published articles and radio broadcasts on WHD. This year we only expect more media exposure. Use your organization’s name and status to communicate with local newspapers, TV stations and websites.
- Send an open invitation to the Governor, Mayor and State/City/County Officials to join you to participate in World Hijab Day. Inform them that their support in any form is welcomed by your Organization as well as the whole Ummah (nation).
- Use and spread World Hijab Day materials. This includes WHD Brochure, Flyers (translated in 40+ languages) videos, endorsements and articles.
- Update social media status with posts about WHD and change display picture to WHD default picture.
- Take pictures and video record the event (i.e. participants’ experience) and share them with us.
Home » Organizations